<$BlogRSDUrl$>

A technology blog for The Economist Group IT team

Monday, June 27, 2005

The Wonder Of Webcam!!

Normally when I leave work and go home I am completely "IT free", I don't indulge in anything work orientated or remotely IT related - I like to switch off.

This changed somewhat last week when my brother-in-law (in Australia) and I started discussing "the wonder of webcams" and whether we could get one "hooked-up". The end result was "lets give it a go" - £40.00 and a download of MSN Messenger v7 later, we spent the weekend "viewing/talking/laughing" with our relatives down in Oz.

It was great, we can now see and talk to our nephew (3) and our niece (1) and they don't seem too remote. It makes such a difference being able to see someone as well as talk to them. If you have friends or family abroad that you don't see that often it is definitely worth setting up.

The next step is to try and get my "techno-phobe" Dad a webcam in Spain!!!

Mike
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?