<$BlogRSDUrl$>

A technology blog for The Economist Group IT team

Friday, October 29, 2004

Georgewbush.com: Simply Inaccessible

Each morning before I start my work day I like to take a few minutes to browse
http://www.georgewbush.com so I can keep up to date on the latest news from the Bush- Cheney campaign back home. This morning I was horrified to learn that I could no longer access the official website for the Bush-Cheney '04 campaign from my London based desktop.

I soon discovered that that the Bush-Cheney campaign was not simply singling out my desktop by blocking my IP address, but had essentially blocked access from all non-US IP addresses utilising Akamai 's content distribution network. Apparently, the website had been under attack from foreign elements last week forcing a decision to block access from the rest of the world.

Netcraft have been following the story here.

If you are interested in getting your daily does of George W. Bush, configure your web browser proxy settings to point to our New York webcache and enjoy the Bush website leading up to Tuesday's election.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?