<$BlogRSDUrl$>

A technology blog for The Economist Group IT team

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Wiki wiki

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Is it the cousin of Chewbaka from Star Wars (who is a wookiee)? Dear me, this is a serious blog and look at me. Wiki is the latest thing in blogging, the word means quickly in Hawaiian, and it refers to a web page that anyone can edit. The potential of this is limitless it is being argued. Yes, there is a link. Have a look. Comments welcome. There is also an interesting article about blogs in Technology Quarterly, which is in this week's Economist, although I will not provide the link here as I want to encourage you to pick up a printed copy and have a look around yourselves. If you do, have a good look, because, somewhere in this week's issue, there is a (hidden?) picture of the Economist Tower building... and this is a competition. Whoever spots the Tower, please email me. The first person will get either the Complete Package of Patches from Microsoft (for this week), or a bag of Belgian hand-made chocolate, s/he will decide.

[Ed: See our previous entry on wikis for more....I'm currently trialling some wiki PC software in an attempt to organise myself a bit better; I'll let you know how I get on.]
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?